Bike insurance will be included in the maintenance cost of your two-wheeler or car. Hence, you should take precautions to choose the right vehicle to minimize your insurance cost. There are other important facts which will have a great impact on bike insurance cost . You should be aware of these six tips to cut down your insurance cost drastically.
Tips to reduce your insurance premium
• Choose the right bike – You are advised to choose the right bike to reduce the insurance premium. The insurance premium will be high when you buy an expensive bike. Instead of choosing a luxurious and newly introduced bike, you can buy a standard bike. Insurers are aware of the normal maintenance cost of standard bikes and they will offer a policy at a lower premium. On the other hand, the availability of spare parts and servicing cost will be very high for luxurious and sports bikes. Hence, the insurance companies will charge a higher premium for such kinds of vehicles.
• Comparison of policies – You should not forget in comparing the two wheeler insurance companies.The insurance aggregator’s website is ideal to figure out various plans to fulfill your needs. As you fill-up the online form, you will be able to choose the most appropriate insurance plan as per your needs.
• Policy tenure – Bike insurance can be purchased for more than one year. You can go for either 3-year or 5-year bike insurance policy so that the premium will be low. There will not be any stress in renewing the premium every year when you go for a multi-year insurance policy.
• Discounts – Insurance companies offer various kinds of discounts. The discounts are based on age, gender, location, employment, etc. You can ask the insurance agent or the customer support representative of an insurance company to get more information in this direction. Some discounts are applied by the insurance company automatically as per the information provided in the proposal form. Learning special driving skills, installation of special accessories and membership in an automobile association are some of the reasons which will give you a discount on the premium.
• Avoid small claims – Insurance companies will reward you for safe driving and accident-free history. If you claim your insurance policy, the no-claim bonus will become zero. Hence, the no-claim bonus should be used judiciously as per your needs. As far as possible, avoid small claims.
• Enhance bike security – To improve the security of your vehicle, you can install special locks and safety-enhancing accessories on the bike. The insurance company will reward by taking steps to protect your vehicle.
See Full Story at www.5dariyanews.com