After what felt like the longest month in history, January is finally over! While you may have been pinching the pennies in the lead up to pay day and living on beans on toast, it’s now the perfect time of the year to get clever with your cash and start saving. You’ll thank us later when you’re sipping a cocktail on the beach.
We’ve teamed up with Blue Insurance to bring you some handy tips to help you get the most of out your insurance premiums whether it’s for your Home, Motor, Gadget or for your Pet.
- Make sure your home is fitted with smoke and burglar alarms to instantly reduce the risk associated with your policy resulting in a lower premium.
- Insure your property based on the Reinstatement Value and not the market value of the home.
- Consider a 2-year policy. This will save both money and the stress of renewing (and possible price hikes) for a whole two years, even if you make a claim.
- Your occupation can have a huge impact on any quote you’re offered. Insurers are more interested in what it is you do and not your title. If it’s unclear to the insurer what your title means, they could rate you in a higher category.
- Have your car valued in advance by a few sources.
- Paying your policy in one go can sometimes end up being less expensive.
- Consider a 2 year policy.
- Get private health insurance
- Purchase a multi-trip policy
- Research the different levels of cover available
- Purchase from a dedicated gadget insurance company to get a more competitive price
- Only insure for what you feel may actually happen to the device
- Bundle multiple gadgets into the same policy
See Full Story at www.98fm.com
Leave a Reply