Teen drivers can save money on car insurance if they follow the next tips:
- Check the car before hitting the road. Teen drivers should prepare their vehicles before driving. To do that, teens are recommended to check the gauge levels, adjust the mirrors and see if the headlights are working. Additionally, teen drivers should check the gas tank and see if they have enough fuel.
- Stay focused on the road. Teen drivers should avoid distractions like phone texting, eating, drinking or other distractions. Also, teens should signal when making a lane change and look in all directions twice before switching the lanes.
- Always obey the speed limits. Speeding is one of the leading causes of car accidents where teens lost their lives. Teen drivers should avoid speeding, even if they need to immediately reach somewhere. Obeying the speed limits will lower the chances for a teen driver to be involved in car accidents.
- Teen drivers should avoid driving with other teenagers. Teen passengers can easily distract the driver’s attention. For this reason, the chance for causing an accident is very high. Teen drivers are safer if they are driving alone than driving with other teen passengers.
- Avoid nighttime driving. If driving at night can’t be avoided, drivers should be extra careful. The dangers lurking on the roads during the time can be dangerous for inexperienced drivers.
See Full Story at finance.yahoo.com